A week overdue, but still wanted to share Penny at 27 months -
A lot of full sentences now:
• “I need help” (hyelp sounds a little southern).
• Asks us to take her shoes on – she hasn’t quite gotten on and off yet.
• “Mommy help you?” when she is asking for help (again repeating what we say to her – “Mommy will help you.”)
• “Turn feet on?” We use our toes to turn the noise machine on in her room (it’s on the floor).
• A lot of “sit on lap?” No problem here.
• “Lie down Daddy?” Lie down Mommy?” This is when we are putting her to sleep. There’s “pick the book you want” which we usually have to read 2-3 times (at least) and then it’s “Lie down Daddy?” in the chair in her room. Recently this process has been longer than previous. Fighting the teeth brushing isn’t helping either. Bed time as of late has been taking anywhere from half to one hour.
She is pretending so much now. Loves to “make food” and pretends to eat. “Nyum nyum.”
Doesn’t like having her hair brushed, washed, rinsed or put up. That’s been fun seeing as she has so much, but nope- we aren’t cutting it just yet :).
^^ The now-famous pushing of the hair off her face :). ^^
We bought a potty and have it in our hallway. She’s aware of it and what it’s used for (we think) so we are slowly moving towards training.
We got some BBQ and joined the the gang, which now included the Sancristobal’s (Kenya, Omar, Havana and Baby Harlem) under a shade tent… it was getting hot out!
^^ Chicken sandwich for Gabe, sausage for me. Potato salad to share + lots of water. ^^
I was hoping we would get the kids on the train ride but after Penny sat on the really hot black cushion she decided she wanted no part of it.
I did get her into the bouncy house for a few minutes.
It took a bit of coercing but when we realized I could go in with her she was ok.
We explored the petting zoo as well (really just some chickens, ducks and a couple of rabbits, bur Penny enjoyed it! )
Far cry from these (literally).