Penny and I went for a walk after daycare to look at some Halloween decorations. She wanted to look at these decorations so I pointed out that there was a baby pumpkin and a daddy pumpkin. She said “like Penny and Daddy.” Then she pointed to the Reaper and said “And dats Mommy.”
Gee, thanks, Kid.
Just a few decorations at our house:
^^ A welcome from the kitty. ^^
^^ A spider in the kitchen. ^^
^^ Origami bats hang on the wall. ^^
^^ A trio of ghosts that were supposed to have lights in them, I never got around to it. ^^
^^ And a pumpkin in a potty! ^^
It’s been over 7 months since Penny has officially been fitted for shoes and we knew she was ready for some new ones. In May she was a size 5. Today… an 8! Wow.
So in honor of The Incredible Growing Kiddo we bought THREE new pairs of shoes, and a Dora lunchbox, aka backpack according to Miss Penny.
Pretty impressive collection:
Have we mentioned she likes pink?
We visited the old neighborhood in the city today to get Penny some sorely needed new shoes and decided to make a quick stop at the playground.
It made us remember how little Penny was when we first took her down the slide – her first slide at 10 months old:
Well would you look at this kid now…
Does this outfit say “we only had 5 hours of sleep”, or what?
Happy 3rd Anniversary to us! We had a family celebration for dinner at La Toscana. The food was delicious and the company was great, and contrary to the picture below, table manners were exercised :).
Happy Birsary! (birthday and anniversary ;)
A week overdue, but still wanted to share Penny at 27 months -
A lot of full sentences now:
• “I need help” (hyelp sounds a little southern).
• “I see you!”
• Has been calling me “Mom” or “Mom-Mom“. Mommy is still in there, too.
• Asks us to take her shoes on – she hasn’t quite gotten on and off yet.
• “Mommy help you?” when she is asking for help (again repeating what we say to her – “Mommy will help you.”)
• “Turn feet on?” We use our toes to turn the noise machine on in her room (it’s on the floor).
• A lot of “sit on lap?” No problem here.
• “Lie down Daddy?” Lie down Mommy?” This is when we are putting her to sleep. There’s “pick the book you want” which we usually have to read 2-3 times (at least) and then it’s “Lie down Daddy?” in the chair in her room. Recently this process has been longer than previous. Fighting the teeth brushing isn’t helping either. Bed time as of late has been taking anywhere from half to one hour.
Loves pink. Its officially her favorite color.
^^ Playing on her pink blanket. ^^
She is pretending so much now. Loves to “make food” and pretends to eat. “Nyum nyum.”
Doesn’t like having her hair brushed, washed, rinsed or put up. That’s been fun seeing as she has so much, but nope- we aren’t cutting it just yet :).
^^ The now-famous pushing of the hair off her face :). ^^
We bought a potty and have it in our hallway. She’s aware of it and what it’s used for (we think) so we are slowly moving towards training.
Our little girl is growing up and is sillier than ever.
^^ The silly duo after tumbling/playground/pizza last Saturday. ^^
So glad the T-shirt still fits. It’s an Aunt J special and we just love it!